Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

10.19.2005

You have a crazy gum.

Hey, what do you know, I'm actually doing stuff!

Yesterday, I finished the baby blanket that I have been working on for a friend's new addition. I even have sores on my finger to prove it. I may put up a picture of the blanket sometime. I really like how it turned out. While I worked on it, I listened to a book on tape, A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. I've noticed a lot of similarities between his and my writing styles. The book on tape while crocheting (and cutting and cutting and cutting...) was one of my better ideas. Now I can get back to work on Cait's afghan.

On Monday, I met Alicia, Brittney, Holly, Katelyn (I don't know how she spells it, actually) and Allison for dinner in Boulder. We went to an Asian Bistro or some such thing, and I was a little sad because Holly ordered something better than me (seasame tofu vs. my tofu curry). On the other hand, I ordered a delicious seaweed salad, pardon me, sea vegetable salad. Now that I'm vegan, they are sea vegetables because I actually eat them. Well, I ate them before, but now I just know better what to call them. That aside, we had a fun time and it seemed silly that Brittney, Holly and I haven't gotten together before.

On Sunday, Reza and I went to a Persian celebration in Sunshine Canyon at this beautiful little event "hall" (it seems weird to call a twelve-sided structure a hall). The little kids put on a production (in costume) and they were so cute! There was lots of good-looking food, and I felt sad that I couldn't eat a lot of it. Reza and I danced and had a lot of fun, even though we got seperated a couple times because of a combination of his popularity and the need to showcase his high-caliber dancing skills. One thing that I found very strange was that they were only serving hot tea and beer for beverages. The hall was rather hot, so I had my first beer in quite a while, which I think bothered Reza just a little bit.

On Saturday, we went to an outdoor bluegrass concert in Niwot. The music was pretty good, I thought, but Reza didn't particularly care for it. The town of Niwot was a new discovery for me. It is great! It reminds me of a liberal version of Manchester, and it has a good-looking quilt shop.

I'm not sure what day it was, but I watched American Beauty for the second time and was reminded of what a great movie it is. Soon (I am at the library right now and about to check it out) I will see The Good The Bad and The Ugly. (Wow, I almost just got drunk from smelling the two fellows who just walked by my little desk cubby.) They have a strange selection of movies at the Boulder Public Library. I have to believe that it is one of the few libraries in the country that boasts a series of videos on improving your skateboarding trick skills.

I think I'm going to go to New York for the marathon and a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home