Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

4.21.2007

New stuff

Yesterday was my first day working at the Bike Gallery. The biggest change from the Humane Society, apart from the animals, is that people are happy in the bike shop. This is good since being around happy people makes me happy, too. I am still very much in the "learning the ropes" phase and have to ask 10,000 questions per day. I'm sure soon I will be a superstar and that will all be behind me, though. Another cool thing about the bike shop, as compared to selling cars, is that people are MUCH less resistant to talk to me. They don't seem to think I am Satan come up to the surface to poke them with my trident while stealing their money. Accordingly, we are expected to treat people well. Yay! Also, the bike shop is right by Laughing Planet and I have had yummy, fresh juice two days in a row...

This evening, I went to a bouldering gym. I have never climbed or bouldered before, so I spent my time on the rock that is for beginners ("We have 2 year olds that climb here.") It was fun to climb around, but it would have been more fun with a friend. What was really the best part was watching the experienced climbers doing all kinds of crazy stuff that looks impossible - yet up they go. Another big plus is that when you make it to the top of the kiddie boulder you get to ride back down to the ground on a slide. Sweet. I think I will go back, hopefully with someone else to accompany me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home