Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

4.11.2007

My midWeekend

What a lovely midWeekend I have had!
I came frighteningly close to crossing out everything on my TO DO list, and the things I didn't get to, I just opted out of because they were optional.
I had a good experience at the mechanic, which is something exceptional for me. I needed an oil change and to have my brakes checked. Usually, for an oil change I go to JiffyLube, even though I hate it there. They are very high-pressure and try to sell you everything under the sun. If it were up to JiffyLube, regular maintenance would include
a transmission flush every 200 miles or so. On top of their intimidating behavior I am nearly convinced that I had a cell phone headset stolen during an oil change there one time. Of course, that is not a corporate policy, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Why do I continue to go there? The answer is simple: location. They're everywhere. This time, though, I needed to have a brake inspection done, and I don't think they do that there (but I didn't look into it). So, I went to Midas. I considered a local mechanic, but after calling a couple and getting no answer/bad answers, I called Midas. They scheduled me for the same day! The great part, though, was that not only did they NOT try to sell me a bunch of random services I don't need while making me feel like a stupid girl, they told me I didn't need to get the brakes done yet and didn't charge me for the inspection. They gave me a coupon for my next oil change free and said they would check the brakes for free again when I came back. Sweet.
Furthermore, while I was waiting for the service to be done, I called the bike shop and got a new job! I will now be able to ride my bike to work, make more money and be a part of (what seems to be) a better work environment. I'm excited to see how it all plays out; I should start next week.
Since I got the new job, I was able to spend more time relaxing and enjoying my days off. Lovely. Oh yeah, and I got to spend lots of time with:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home