Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

2.05.2007

Quinoa Everywhere!

Today was a fun one. Slav and I started it out in the best possible way: eating cookies for breakfast. But these were not just any cookies; they were fortune cookies! I think that if you eat more than one (say one dozen+), the fortunes don’t count anymore, but we were more in it for the sugar, so fortune negation doesn’t really matter.
After breakfast, we went to the World Forestry Center in Washington Park, which is here in Portland. Today was the last day of an Ansel Adams show, and I was glad that we caught it. They had the Las Cruces, New Mexico photo, which was amazing. It seemed like it drew a lot of different people in just in the short time I was standing there watching. We also had time to look around at the rest of the center. I was surprised at the pro-logging tone. I was expecting pro-forest... They had a ~650 yr old tree’s cross section on display, and the exhibit said that the tree was cut just for display purposes! Near there, they had a HUGE logging tractor and a “chop down a tree” simulation video game type of thing. It was disappointing to see the way they used all that money (the center was lovely) to show such a one-sided picture of forest management. Lots of funding came from tree product companies. Go figure.
Later, we were hanging out with the kitties, when Lincoln decided it would be fun to pull a rather large (I’m guessing two gallon) container filled with quinoa down onto himself from the top of the fridge. Two problems. One: freaked out cat goes flying through the house. I’m not sure if he will ever be the same. I’ve never seen him act so timid. No real judgments until tomorrow. Two: quinoa EVERYWHERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home