Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

7.26.2010

Losing Track

Well, I would like to give you more detailed accounts of what I have been up to since my last posting, but I have lost track!  I have been bopping around trying to see everyone as much as possible and doing a pretty good job of it, actually.  I have been checking eateries off the list and seeing the sights.  Life is good.

I went everywhere on my first list!  And almost everywhere on my second list!  That was a lot of good eating!  Is it bad that I can't remember the days, but I can remember the eating?

Here is my battle outfit for checking things off lists


Sean and I really got down to business when it comes to checking places off:
-Pad Thai kitchen.  I got pad thai; they named this place as they did for a reason.  Mmm...  Sean got massaman curry, a standby.  Root beers all around, of course, in the classic Thai tradition.
-Rice Junkies.  I got Bibimbap, not my finest ordering.  Sean got teriyaki chicken.
-Cartopia.  We were crushed to learn that the crepe place was out of ice cream and could not make their avante guarde milkshakes, which I love.  But, the crepes were yummy :)  I got prosciutto, fig, chèvre, honey (would be good with pepper, too, I think).  Sean got something with Nutella, so bleck - I don't remember the details.
-Voodoo Doughnut.  I got the one shaped like a voodoo doll getting stabbed and a Mexican hot chocolate one, spicy!  I'm not sure what Sean got because I was overwhelmed trying to make a decision when he ordered.  Then we went on a milk scavenger hunt (sort of) involving a stolen key!  We succeeded and ate doughnuts with milk while sitting on top of a deserted parking garage and looking down on the middle-of-the-night downtown city streets.  Lovely!
-Fat Straw.  Bubble tea!  I got taro; he got banana (insane, right?).  We played chess.  I lost.  It was pathetic.
-Nick's Coney Island - Again.  We ogled pretty cars, did intensive people watching and ate burgers :)  It was just the pick me up Sean needed after unexpectedly departing from his consciousness earlier in the day.

 A very happy discovery on the list was Jade in Sellwood.  I went there with Miles and it was AMAZING.  I was filled with joy at the food (and being in Sellwood).  We had a very hard time choosing what to order because everything sounded fantastic.
I had green papaya salad with shrimp and a young coconut to drink/eat as appetizer/dessert.  

 He had poached chicken with ginger dipping sauce.


Kyle and I also checked a bunch of places off the list - even leaving time to stop and smell the roses. 

-The Blue Nile Cafe.  We shared a vegetarian combo and a regular combo.  Sooo delicious.  I think combo/sampler style eating may be my favorite method.  
-Tao of Tea.  We went to the tea shop portion and I got some new things to try: matcha and rose tuocha.
-Tea Chai Té.  We made it here *just* before closing in the midst of a full Saturday.  I got a white tea with chrysanthemum and rose.  Kyle got a rather spicy chai masala.
Bonus items: Staccato Gelato!  Saburos! Thai Derm!  Noodles and Co (I know it's fast food, but I love it anyway)!  ShaSha at McCormick's!




Okay, now for some pics of us playing in Portland on Saturday!

 
This busker was taking song topic requests and writing on the fly.  I asked for honeybees.  One of the verses was about environmental indicators.  Dead on, eh!?

 The snap peas were bigger in Oregon!

Why is this bench so low to the ground?  It fascinated me.
(It got higher at the other end, but still!)

Yarn graffiti bike rack!  I approve.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home