Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

6.23.2010

Booked the Flight. Now Book My Calendar!

I have booked my flight to Portland!  I will be there in mid-July.  Here are the places that I want to eat, so let me know if you want to accompany me!

Bunk Sandwiches
I have been wanting to check this place out since I first heard about it...  Their hours are weird and I never succeeded.  Now it's in print, so it's gotta happen.

The Blue Nile Cafe
There is no Ethiopian food in Vermont.  You can't believe it, can you?  I love this place for multiple reasons.  Hole in the wall charm is off the charts. 

Rice Junkies on Hawthorne
It's just so simple.  I like that.

Cartopia, or as I like to call it, The Hipster Food Carts
Avocado and sea salt milk shake, you are mine!  Lovely little food carts.  Actually open late - a Portland rarity.  This one scores high on sentimentality for me as well.  I'm pretty sure my companionship for this one is already established, but going more than once is definitely an option.

Voodoo Doughnut
I need to give them another shot now that I'm not vegan.  Hopefully, I will see what all the fuss is about!

Pad Thai Kitchen
Old neighbor, oh how I miss you!  All the noodle dishes are fantastic and the pumpkin curry...  *sigh*

Edit to add:
Jade
Interesting new thing to try, and in my favorite place: Sellwood!


I'm sure I am forgetting some notables, and I am going to make a separate entry for places that I want to consume beverages.

I'm getting hungry now.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you've gone and made me hungry. Guess I better go get lunch. -- Uncle B

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Cait said…

    That all sounds good except the doughnut place I don't like doughnuts most of all I just wish I was going to be in Portland with you :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home