Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

7.12.2010

The Great Hunt

Well, here we are again.  It is time for me to take part in yet another apartment/house hunt.  I suppose I will keep doing this until I find the perfect cabin/cottage/cozy-sized house and just snuggle into it.  This time I will be moving in with friends for the first time in my life (kind of).  I did move in with Dre before, but since our relationship started with random chance rooming, I think this still counts as my first time.  No Craigslist strangers (Though that can work out splendidly.  Hi, Beth!).  No listserves.  I am going in on a place with people I actually know already.  As an added bonus, they are awesome.  Yes!

So far, we have looked at a couple places, and I am feeling encouraged.  One thing I am very excited about is moving off of this loud and busy street.  It is abysmal for biking.  My room shakes when big vehicles drive by, which is common.  And, it is so loud that sometimes I cannot hear people with whom I'm on the phone.  It was loud living in downtown Ann Arbor, but this high-speed traffic loudness is its own brand of bad.  In summary, it is unpleasant.

We are also hoping to be closer to downtown than I am now, which will be excellent.  And, if the lucky stars shine down upon my head, we will have a dishwasher and a gas stove.  So, hopefully the search will be a wild success, and I'll have a new nest at the beginning of September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home