Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

5.15.2005

When it rains it pours

Okay, just one more post for today because I can.

So I was planning to spend one more night in College Station in order to check out A&M in the morning, but I didn't. I went to the visitors center today and talked to the guy there, which was moderately informative. I don't know. I just wasn't into looking and when I got out the map I wanted to get going. Besides, Jack went home, I didn't want to have to find a place to stay in town and I was itching to camp.
Right now, I am in Austin which I will deem the Ann Arbor of TX. Actually, it's bigger than Ann Arbor, but no matter. Because of the similarities I feel as at home here as I think I can (ex. I paid $6 to park). As I drove this way, I picked up the UTexas NPR station roots music program. It was chill. Plus it was called American Routes (that's right ladies, a homonym!). Anyway, I've seen lots of cute little shops around campus and only walked about four blocks. Other super awesome stuff: the UT bookstore is a co-of and there is a woman's co-of right next door (clothes etc), there are street vendors selling jewelry, it's temperate (at least right now), and there are beautiful hills to the west. Right now, I'm enjoying the free wireless, Jet on the radio and veggie sandwich of Texadelphia (sandwich/beer spot). I'm updating the picture site, too. Well, good for you... I heard someone say...

Tomorrow or maybe the next day, depending on how I feel, I should be at Palo Duro Canyon as per Jack's recommendation.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait, I thought homonyms were the spelled the same ones?

    American Routes is a fantastic (!) show (nationally syndicated).

    YAY! It's so exciting to live vicariously through your blog. Hope the wind is in your favor and the supreme beings of car maintenence are on your side.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Wouldn't you know it. I'm driving across central TX and what pops into my head? OH NO! I totally wrote homonym when it was a homophone! CRAP! There will be a message from Jaya when I get internet access again. I'm not going to edit it because I like the word homonym better and it adds character.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I'm a jerk, I know...

    Hope you're having fun in the great wilds of Texas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home