Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

5.08.2005

Green Day concert

Green Day rocked my face off!


Last night Dre, Lee and I went to see Green Day (for a small donation of our time!). It was super awesome, definitely beyond my expectations. They brought tons of energy, played new stuff and old stuff and even gave a kid in the audience a guitar (after brining him and others on stage to play). I screamed a lot, jumped around a lot and may have permanently damaged my hearing. Time will tell. Anyway, it was so fun, definitely worth the drive to Grand Rapids and worth short-term hearing problems .
Before the show we had some fun and funny times. Of course, singing together in the car is always good, but the real excitement came when we got to Grand Rapids. First of all, don't go there to eat on a Saturday night expecting a lot of restaurants to be open. We walked around at five-ish looking for somewhere to eat and didn't have much luck. Why would you close your eatery on Saturday at dinner time when a huge attraction is taking place within blocks of your establishment? Anyway, we finally found a place, and they did takeout even though they looked sort of fancy pants. So, we waited at the bar for our food. Now, the lighting in the bar area was bright and complete, but there must have been something in the air that made it impossible to make accurate judgments based on appearances. This weird guy comes in to the place and sits down at the bar, so there we are in this order: Alicia, Dre, me, empty seat and weird guy. Not shockingly (because you already know he has gained the nickname weird guy) he starts talking to me. He throws out a little Hi what are you in town for oh that's nice sort of business. Then he says something like, "I have a question for you." Now comes the great part. He's talking to me like we're in on some kind of big secret and Dre and Lee can't hear him, "Now, when I was their age I didn't know this... Do you know that there is a word in the English language that doesn't rhyme with any other word?" WAIT! What am I? Dre and Alicia's mom!? First of all, they're both older then me. Second of all, even if he had judged the situation correctly, is this some sort of come on? After he left without paying his whole bill, Alicia referred to her correct answer to the "riddle" (orange) saying, "Take that! I'm a child prodigy!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home