Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

5.16.2005

Texas

Obviously, I have hours and hours of time for reflection and this is what I figured out today. I like Texas. I know. I'm not talking about Austin either. Yeah, Austin was like a little taste of home, but I've gotta say that I wasn't actually too crazy about it (I realized as I saw more of it and reflected later). It's too big and sprawly. I'm sure it could be nice enough, but I'm tempted to say that I liked College Station better. The town was certainly nothing special. It's got that chain restaurant sort of atmosphere to it, but I the people were really nice. Even when I wasn't with Jack (who knows everybody).
I liked the area west of Austin a lot. It's really beautiful and the towns are cute. I've gotta say, I dig that southern hospitality.

Right now, I'm still on my way to Palo Duro at the poshest rest stop I've ever seen. It has wireless internet, touch screen weather stations and driving direction/map stations, and a big play structure for the kids. It's also all new and shiny. Anyway, my butt was getting tired so I thought I'd update the blog (I was going crazy because I realized I wrote homonym where I should have written homophone in an earlier post).

Peace

1 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ashleigh. i got the collective today. Enjoy your travels.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home