Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

6.10.2005

Zeus

Here's the story of me buying a new car. First, I spent loads of time online figuring out what I wanted and where the dealership is. The next day, I drove back to Boise from Nampa, the location of my hotel. Then I drove around Boise for a while trying to find the dealership until I got hungry and was starting to get frustrated. I went to the grocery store to fix both problems. In the parking lot, I noticed a car with a license plate ringer from the dealership with the driver sitting in it. I couldn't pass that opportunity by because of some hunger; I walked up to the woman and asked her how to get to the dealership and headed on my way.
When I stepped out of my car onto the Subaru lot, the salesman was right there and said, "It looks to me like you need an Outback." Whoa. This guy is good. He asked what color I wanted. I said black. There was the car and we took him for a spin. The car and the experience in general was so much better than they were back in Idaho Falls. When we got back to the lot, I did all the important stuff: sat in the back seat, crawled around in the back, and tested to be sure I could sleep in the back. This was my car. We struck our deal.
Then, Aaron, my salesman, took me downtown for dinner at a Thai place. It was SOOO good. I had fish on fire. Yes, one of those things that they light on fire at the table right in front of your face. Sweet! Then we went to REI and got the necessary goods for transferring the bike rack from Connie to Zeus. That's right, my new car's name is Zeus. Aaron helped me install it, which saved me $25 worth of installation fees.
Then it was time for the hard part: transferring all my stuff from one car to the other. Wow. Connie had a lot of cargo space. I had doubts about whether I could fit everything, but I did (even though I could not see out the back). Whew! That was tough.

That night I drove up into the national forest to camp. The skies were clear and I camped out without the rainfly on so I could see all the stars. Amazing, and I wasn't even cold. When I woke up this morning I repacked and was able to see out the back sans probleme. Now I'm in Winnemucca, NV on my way to visit my aunt/uncle/cousins in Livermore, CA.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have aunt/uncle/cousins in Livermore???? I do too! Craziness. Have fun in the Bay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home