Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

11.04.2006

Five Kilometers

I ran a 5k this morning! It was hosted by the dept of health and human services as a part of the homecoming festivities today. It was fun, one of those really laid back run/walk deals, which is good since I am not in shape. Anything more intense would have been intimidating. The weather was perfect, 60 degrees and overcast with only a slight breeze, they had bananas to eat and the t-shirt is pretty nice. All in all, it was right on.

After the race I went to the market. It is really dwindling down as we get into fall a bit more, however I still got some good stuff. Lettuce, spinach, goat cheese, apples, walnuts and the very last of this year's concord grapes. Mmmm. I also went to the seafood place (fishmonger's... hehe) and got scallops, smoked Oregon chinook (a little treat), and a free piece of fresh Oregon chinook! The fishmonger was so nice that she gave me a free piece to try since this is the last week for fresh. (The season just closed.) Yay! for small local businesses and their nice curators! Yay! for salmon! The trip was topped off by stops at Great Harvest for the week's bread and the co-op for cat food ingredients.

project: learning The Weight by The Band on the guitar
question: Is there such a thing as swimmer's elbow?
statement: I wish I was at Kind Coffee in Estes right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home