Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

9.05.2006

I am making progress in life

You know I can not give up on something as easily as it seemed I was giving up on being a Middle Eastern-food-cooking extraordinaire. Okay, well, I'm pretty sure that I'm giving up baba ganouj making, BUT I just found this intriguing website with Iranian recipes on it. I must admit that I miss Reza's cooking. I know how to make olovieh (pronounced olivia, like the girl's name), and have done that before. This site, though, has a recipe for the wonderful and scrumptious Fesenjaan (pronounced FESS-in-june), that I haven't done myself. On the sad side, there is no recipe for (phonetically spelled) mizarahsamee, which is so tasty you eat until you feel uncomfortably full every time. On the upside, I might be able to figure that one out on my own. And for when I get really adventurous, there is a recipe for the preparation of fried sheep testicles, and by really adventurous I mean starving and alone except for the company of a sheep and a chicken (eggs are required). Though, why not just eat the eggs?
  • Free Iranian Recipes!


  • As for my guitar playing, things are going well. I'm getting a lot better and faster at doing the clawhammer for Landslide. I'm getting Knocking on Heaven's Door down pretty well. My new song for the week is Stand By Me (which is not as cool as the other two, obviously, but is a good sing-along). I'm finally feeling decent about Colfax County Jail, which is a peppy tune about killing a guy in a bar and getting thrown in the clink at the height of your gold-prospecting youth (Yes!!). The really cool thing is that I jammed/improved for the first time, today in my lesson. That's right, I learned how to jam, as much as learning that from someone else is possible. I am awesome.

    Finished a book (Desert Sojourn -Debi Holmes-Binney) and built a piece of cat furniture.

    No progress to report in other areas of life.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home