Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.07.2006

Okay, Okay!

Okay, I'm back out of the state, so that means that I'm obligated to start blogging regularly again. I expect that I will WANT to blog regularly again since I want all of my lovely readers to know that I am safe, sound and doing whatever it is I happen to be doing. So, what am I doing now?
I just finished a cross-country drive with my mom and sister. We drove via South Dakota's Badlands, Wyoming's Yellowstone and Oregon's home of my kittens. The drive had some rough spots as we all have different ideas of what travel should be, but after one rough night we all united in a common goal: don't get stuck in one of the coldest part of the country (the northern Rockies) with no hotel and only one sleeping bag. Since that one crazy night just south of Grand Teton National Park, the travel has been much more relaxed and as tension-free as can be expected. Highlights were the Needles Parkway drive in Custer State Park in the Black Hills (recommended by Grandpa), Wall Drug..., the awesome coffee shop in Jackson WY, and Craters of the Moon National Monument.
The other major highlight was visiting the kittens! They are SO cute, and now I know which ones are mine. Right now they are tiny and can fit on the palm of my hand. They can't even jump from the couch to the floor or visa-versa. One is named Indy and the other, I think, will be named Linc. They will be able to come home with me after Caitlin's wedding, at the end of September.
Now we are in Oregon and I am starting to get settled into my new place. I already got the decor in my bedroom and it looks great. I just bought a bed and bookcase, which will help immensely, too. The bed should be assembled and in place by the end of today, but the bookcase needs to be shipped, so I don't have that yet. The final touch today will be the closet organizer, which will help me manage the small space. Future purchases will be a bedside table and artwork/picture frames for the walls.

I don't know what to say next, so I'll cut if off here. I'm not entirely sure when I will be getting internet at home, so we'll see how the posting goes, but I will have access to wireless at coffee shops, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home