Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.28.2006

More Getting to Know

Today was an errand running kind of day, but I got even more than that done! First, I discovered some exciting new places. Next to the river, there is a building, which doesn't look like too much, but it turns out that there is a seafood shop in it and a bulk tea shop. Both places look absolutely wonderful. I now know where I will buy my fish; I had been concerned because they don't sell it at the co-op, and I worry about the quality at Safeway and WinCo. The tea shop had an incredible variety. It was not quite as cool as Crazy Wisdom in AA since there is no cafe/tasting opportunity, but it looks like they have a lot of delicious choices. That's the most important part in a lot of ways, since the shop is not in the most convenient hanging out location (the same reason I didn't spend more time at Crazy Wisdom, actually).
After that, I did some price comparison shopping so I would know what pet supplies to buy online and what to shop for locally. It was tricky because it was hard to find exact items for direct comparisons, but I think I've got it pretty well figured out now. I'm just so anxious to get the actual cats!
Then, I ate Vietnamese food for the first time. I'm not in love with it, but it wasn't bad. I think that I would put myself in the "needs to try it again" category.
At home, I set up the good ol' hammock in the living room, only suffering minor injuries. Right now, I am in the process of trying to make baba ganouj. I have very low expectations; this is a dish I have severely damaged many times in the past. I am only attempting again out of necessity/desperation. There doesn't seem to be a restaurant here that makes it, and the version I found at the grocery store was... as bad as my usual attempts. Please work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home