Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

5.17.2006

Once Again

Remember all those changes I mentioned in the previous post? Yes, well, you can imagine how those would affect my blog posting regularity. I've also lost my reliable internet connection and am back on the "hope it works" method.

First Oregon. I went there and checked the place out. Everything looks good. I was not accustomed to so much green (grass, trees, flowers...), and it was refreshing. Another thing I wasn't used to was the rain. It rained a lot, as it will do all winter when I am living there, so I'd better get used to it. Overall, I think it will be good. Corvallis is lovely, complete with quirky little stores and an independent movie theater to rival the State (although minus the flashy facade). Best of all, I found a lovely place to live, close to the essentials, which include a bike path to campus. Yay!

Now I am home in Michigan. It is funny how much the same things are here in town. Or maybe it's funny that I expected them to change. I am working at the coffee shop, and it's the same old gossip I remember. With different people as subjects, of course. It is nice to see so much of people that I had been missing, but I still have more folks to visit.
Speaking of visiting, I visited Ann Arbor the other day. It's so wonderful. Better than Boulder in a lot of ways, I think, mostly in terms of city personality. It just goes without saying that Boulder wins in location and weather. Ann Arbor is hard to leave behind, but I think that I will really like Corvallis, kind of a small town meets quirky college town thing going on there. We shall see.

Upcoming events:
My first guitar lesson!
Canoe race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home