Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.19.2005

Run Up to 12000'

Some stupid butt face posted a solicitation in my comments for the last post. I will have to check and see if that is against the rules, and, if so, how I can report it to Blogger.

I still don't have my car back. I think I will call Subaru today and see if they can be any more specific on when I will get it. I think a two day window instead of six would just help ease my mind.

Yesterday was my day off, and I took Reza to Estes Park. He was amazed when I told him that we could drive up to over 11,000 feet, so I showed him. He was so excited; it was adorable. At the top of the road, there is a visitors center with a little path near it that is about 200 yds long which goes up fairly steeply. Now, it's hard to climb it because of the elevation. I was having a little bit of trouble compared to the same hill at the house, but you know most people are from sea level +/- and not in great shape. That is to say, most people were having a time of it. Reza was so excited to be up there, though, that he was running up and down. I was walking up and he would run up, run back down to me, and tell me his heart rate. It was so funny. Then he had me take pictures of him running up and down. I think 50% of the people up there said something to him, and he was invited to participate in two upcoming, local races.
After that we went to Nepal's, a favorite restaurant of mine in Estes. I had Saag, which was SO good. Reza got to talking with the owners, and they were impressed with his knowledge of some celebrities from the region. He had told me that he makes friends with people in seconds just by knowing a little of their language and country. It's true. I was paying attention a little, but my food was so good that I didn't join into the conversation much until I was done.
Later on the drive home, we saw two black bears cross the road in front of us, strange to see two adult bears together. Maybe it's mating season or something?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought that was weird and wondered how it happened. Besides that it wasn't a very good "tip"!

    Wish I had been ale to join you at Nepals! I remember how good it was.
    Love ya ~ mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home