Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.05.2005

amusing things encountered

So, I have all this paperwork from the new manager. I have to call these people back and try to get them in here (again). Therefore, I look through the paperwork so I know the background. I have found two amusing things during this process.

1) There is a road in Boulder called Hardscrabble Dr.

2) A guy misprinted "brother" as "bother" in the relation of reference portion of his credit application.

Realization: being at work destroys your sense of humor.

So yesterday I'm at the Middle Eastern store because I brought Ken some tea. He was busy, but Reza was there to chill with. We had met earlier. We were chatting. He was giving me training tips, offering me movies to borrow and inviting me to come with Ken and him on a bike ride. In the course of this conversation was this exchange:

Reza: How many bikes do you have? (real question: Do you have an extra for Ken?)
Me: I have two, a road bike and a mountain bike.
Reza: I used to have a road bike, but it's in a museum in New York now... you know, since I rode around the world on it.

Of couse, I decided to keep my bike after circumnavigating the earth, so he just makes me look bad. But really, isn't that AWESOME? He's just a really cool guy. And since he's not fluent in English, he's very matter-of-fact. He told me he is the best runner from Iran, how much money he makes from each of his many athletic/sponsorship endeavors, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home