Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.16.2005

Slow Day

Today is SO SLOW. I don't think we've even had one person come in and get as far as getting a price. It is boring; I'm just watching the grass grow/paint dry/minutes tick slowly by.

I did talk to my supervisor, though, about some more of my concerns. I have had time to figure out more/put voice to the issues since I have been giving the situation a lot of thought. I told him that it is hard to work for the new sales manager because he doesn't show any respect for us. I feel like his little toy. "Ooh, if I do this what will the salespeople do!?" I also told him that the hours are hard on me because it is impossible to create a routine. Since the schedule rotates I will never be able to, say, take a yoga class that meets on Wednesday nights. The example I mentioned to him was not being able to eat breakfast at the same time each day. What is really hitting me is that I can't get into a workout routine AT ALL with this crazy rotation bit. I should have, but didn't, mention that it is also hard never to have two consecutive days off. I moved out here, in part, to play in the mountains and I can't even take an overnight backpacking trip. The possibility of having to live on minimum wage, but you never know if you will or not, doesn't really appeal to me either. Despite all these objections, the fact that this just conflicts directly with my personality is the main issue. Unfortunately, that is the one that none of the managers can understand.
I can't believe that I am doing this for about fifty hours a week. Of course, even that isn't enough because we must constantly be selling. When we get groceries we should be handing out cards. Whenever we pass a FOR SALE sign on a car, we must stop and write down the information. I have even been generously given permission to call and email customers when I am at home. No wonder I'm now dreaming with cars. In half of the dreams people are in cars (in strange contexts) and half they get hit by a car. I need help.

When I get home tonight, my objective is to find the live bird that the cats let in and that vanished while I went to get something with which to catch it. (I know the cats didn't eat it because of the lack of feathers scattered about.) When I told Dre this she simply commented about how cute cats are and how she wants one. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home