Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

9.02.2005

Who's Doing/Did This Writing?

Friday, September 2, 2005

Sometimes, it’s like my life is actually am novel or movie (perhaps a movie based on a novel). Here’s what I mean.
So the situation at work has been that I am miserable. All my loyal readers know that. First, I stood up for myself and gave two weeks notice of resignation. That felt good. I was happy and sold a lot of cars. Also, shortly after my announcement, my car went kaput. At work, everyone was really nice and understanding, so I got to thinking that maybe the place wasn’t that bad after all. I asked if they could place me somewhere in the office (as had been offered at the two-weeks-notice announcement). Okay. At the end of my two weeks, the owner told me to go talk to the office manager about a job, turns out he had not even mentioned the possibility to the guy. So the office manager was caught off guard, but said he would love to have me if I could only wait a little while until he could try and arrange something for me. Yesterday, he told me they were filling the open spot in the office with a more experienced temp. Of course, he asked me to please stay on the sales floor, actually suggesting that something else might open up for me in the office. I told him flat out that I understand the value of experience and I appreciate that need, but that I am just being strung along here. He admitted the fault.
Here’s where the literary element presented itself: This morning, after a little sebatical from my phone, I finally checked my voicemail again. I had seven messages. A number from Dre, one from Cait, one from Subaru, and one from work. The one from work was just the hold music/message. A full message of just hold music and, “Thank you for calling Champion Ford! We will get to your call as soon as possible.” Incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home