Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

7.23.2005

I Am Tough

Today was my first day of work, and by day I mean all the time in between dawn and twilight. I worked from eight to eight. Sounds long, right? Yeah, well they let me off early. Everyone works from eight-thirty to nine on Saturdays apparently. I came in at eight because they told me to, presumably because I am new. They let me off early because I "worked hard today." Too bad I didn't sell a car... I did meet some nice people though, a few of which I think might actually come back becuase I am SO nice. I think that I will have a good time working there; today was a good first impression. Things I got to drive today on demos: Escape, tricked out Freestlye (2x), 500 and tricked out 2006 F250.
A sad thing about today is that I was going to go by this Middle Eastern place I went yesterday to see the guy who works there who was going to, "make [me] something special." Unfortunately, I didn't anticipate a twelve hour work day, and I had to stand him up. I called, though, so it's okay. He's just my type: short, dark and speaks with an accent I'll have to learn to understand. Haha. (Also he makes a killer Gyro.)
So instead of going there (closed by the time I got out for dinner at seven), I went to Noodles to make up for it. I usually get the Japanese pan noodles, which are spicy and rock my face off, but today I got pad thai, which was also great (but not as great). This gives me an idea: discover which Noodles dish is the best. I picked up a punch card in honor of my quest. I'll let you know if Japanese pan noodles get dethroned or if anything else important happens on that front. I love Noodles & Co.
One urgent item in my life is finding a place to live. I'm REALLY anxious to get something. I want OUT of this hostle. It's great for hostling purposes but crappy for me now, because I have my stuff everywhere in an attempt not to settle in. Oh, and the little kitchen (biohazard) issue.
I finally finished my re-read of Harry Potter five, which I deemed necessary after reading the first chapter of the new one. Now I'm a couple chapters into that. Yay! I'm already entranced. (Who's Snape for? DON'T REALLY TELL ME!)

Right at the moment I'm strongly considering setting out to find a nice 90 Shilling...mmm,,,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger anand jay said…

    What's a 90 Shilling? Doesn't Denmark still use the schilling? Or are they on the Euro now?

    In any case, you can imagine how shocked and awed I was when Andrea told me you'd taken up selling cars. I'm sure you'll be fabby; in fact, I have no doubt you already are. Do you make salary or commission? Or are they not paying you as some kind of cruel apprenticeship?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home