Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

2.01.2009

Human Habitat

I spent today volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Other than the ice fog, the weather was amazing, and I only had to defrost in the car one time! This group volunteer activity was organized by the Michigan Alumni Association of Portland, and is the first non-football game events of theirs I have attended. It was fun, and I met some cool people. We think we might get together for Habitat regularly, and I have decided to try harder to make it to a monthly young alumni get together they host.
My main job of the day was measuring and sawing 2x4's and 2x6's for the walls the group built today. I also hammered studs, carried alotta stuff (some quite heavy), learned about crowning and met the homeowner! We even got food, which we were told not to expect.

Lots of brand new walls - all from one day, and it's only just past lunch!

yeah, I didn't really use that

triumphant Wolverines at day's end

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home