Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

1.27.2009

Anticipation is the theme of my life right now.

I am currently working on settling in to my new old home, Portlandia. I am incredibly excited right now because I am waiting to hear back about a house that I applied to rent with a group of amazing folk that I recently met. The whole thing has come together rather quickly and wonderfully, so I hope our application will be approved and a moving day is on the horizon.

The job search is a bit more daunting, as the economy is totally lame at this time. Perhaps you have heard about it. The unemployment rate here in Oregon is 9%, one of the worst rates in the country. Though, it seems only double the historical low. That makes me feel better.

I took a résumé to a café yesterday, and decided to also have a sandwich. As I sat there eating, about 8 other people came in and dropped off an application as well. The man at the counter said it had been a steady stream like that all day. Ugh, for us all.

In any case, I am happy to say that I have submitted my application to graduate school at U of Vermont, and am participating in the waiting game.

It is all up in the air, but I feel rather okay with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home