Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

11.13.2008

Arrival in Grand Marais

I made it to Grand Marais! I got here last night in the dark, so I couldn't tell much, but today (though it didn't get much lighter in this gloomy weather) I was able to see what an adorable place it is. I got a ride up to GM from Duluth from friends of the volunteer coordinator at the folk school who has been helping me make my plans. They even bought me lunch in Duluth! It was a very scenic drive and basically uneventful, but I did know for sure that I was in the Great White North when we hit a grouse and we turned around to pick it up so they could have it for dinner later.

Today, I just did a little exploring, met people at the school and bought a radio so I can listen to NPR.

Me at the Duluth airport. Unfortunately, my head is blocking the view of the fighter jet they have mounted as a sculpture in the front yard.


Me at North House, the folk school, going to check it out for the first time.

Lake Superior. That tiny vertical smudge over my shoulder is the lighthouse.

The lakefront multi-use path.

As you can see it's pretty grey skies here now. I am hoping for a bit of clearing, though I did hear on the radio that November is the cloudiest month of the year here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home