Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

2.02.2007

Back Into the World


I'll take this time to issue a public THANK YOU to Dre for knitting this fabulous kitty garment, modeled here by Indy!

Yes, I am back from another unplanned blog sabbatical. I was... busy sorting things out for myself, and now, I am an ex-grad student! I had been tormented by my decision to go to grad school since about the time I was accepted. Things started to get bad in late summer when I was in Corvallis, and I felt progressively more terrible since school started. It was becoming more and more clear that I was headed in a direction (econ) that was not going to fulfill me. But, now I have escaped! Life is SO CLOSE to being right again. I am happy, so all I need now is a job A) for the money and B) so I don’t get bored out of my head. The sooner the better.
I am also moving. Corvallis is good, but too connected to grad school and bad vibes. There’s nothing there for me now. I thought about going back to Colorado. I love that place, and it really feels like home to me. Truly, I moved away too soon; there was a lot more I could have gotten out of living there. The joys of summer in the Colorado Rockies! More time with new friends. But moving when I did had lots of advantages, and now is not the right time for going back. Instead, I’m going to Portland. Slav is there (yay!), and through visiting him I’ve seen that it’s a pretty sweet place. Full of weird people and their dreadlocks, coffee shops, tasty eats, and all kinds of city-type stuff. Intriguing. A little bit scary, but more exciting.
So yeah, now I am on the job hunt and the apartment hunt. Craigslist is a major part of my daily life. I fear the day that I will have to move my huge, awkward mattress. I love that thing, but now wonder, “Why didn’t I get the futon?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home