Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

9.06.2009

Settling into Burlington

The cats and I are settling in to Burlington pretty well. I finally got my bed, and that is really helping the process along! I have had my first week of classes, and I think that they are going to be a good set to kick things off. I am taking micro, ecological econ, a computer modeling course and a seminar focused on transportation issues. Two requirements for the masters and two for the eco econ certificate. I have gotten a good first impression of all of the professors, and I think that I chose well, even in the absence of an advisor *phew*.

My apartment is pretty good, nice and small, easy to clean! The only troubles are that it's next to a busy road (loud and hard to bike) and that the kitchen is really small. I think there are about six sq feet of counter space. As far as the town of Burlington goes, I have found a yummy little burrito place, attended the farmers' market (hoppin' but so expensive), shopped at two different natural food stores, remembered what it's like to have allergies :( , tested and approved the local cheese (in both mac & cheese and grilled cheese), found a decent local yarn store, attended a party with fun guests, and eaten one of the many available local ice creams. So far, so good.

This sign/survey seen at a stand at the farmers' market... I think it sums of the spirit of Vermont pretty well, from what I have gathered so far. Most of the suggestions were Lt. Governor followed by Governor and Senator.

Busyness surrounding the market

1 Crockpot + move = 0 crockpot

My incredible garage sale find! ...still haven't named it...

My new bedroom undergoing the unpacking process

Indy helping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home