Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

8.14.2009

Moving

So, I guess I really am moving... and doing a road trip. Just the same kind of circumstances that led to the formation of this blog so many years ago.

Kyle and I will get on the road tomorrow (Sat) morning with planned stops in The Tetons, Denver (maybe), Omaha, home and Montreal. I am really sad about leaving and nervous about arriving, so not too excited about things at this time. I'm sure the fact that I have not been working for a couple weeks adds to that feeling since seeking my life's work is the only reason I am leaving good ol' Portlandia. Not having the life-draining Netflix job constantly reinforcing to me why I am going makes a difference, unsurprisingly, in the way I feel. At the same time, everyone is appreciating me extra here and telling me how wonderful I am - who would want to leave that!? The promise of absence makes the hearts of my friends grow fonder :)

However, everyone I talk to who is in the know says that Vermont in general and Burlington specifically are lovely and good places to live. I will also get to live in a new region of the US, which is something that I have on my "to do" list. Heh, hopefully I won't be sour on Burlington for 2 years like I was on Portland...

All in all, I am overwhelmed. The cats seem calm about things at least.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Cait said…

    Everything will be okay if you start to feel sad just think your closer to you're favorite person in the whole world ME!!! Oh wait maybe I am jumping to conclusions I love ya bunches and am super excited to have you closer to me I have been having major sister withdrawls to the point of tears missing you so much so head up can't wait to see you and can't wait to meet Kyle as well but I have to say I REALLY can't wait to see YOU!!!!!!! Love you your one and only -Caita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home