Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

7.21.2009

Scary Stuff

I got a piece of pound cake at Starbucks this morning, and this is what the wrapper that they put it in says:

"We've got good news. We removed the artificial trans fats, artificial flavors, artificial dyes and high-fructose corn syrup."
and
"P.S. More [changes] to come."

Umm... if this is the marketing/spin, I don't want to know the truth!

(Actually, when I was in Duluth, MN in the fall, I went to a little hippie cafe and they were selling pastries there. They had a side-by-side comparison of their ingredients list and the Starbucks ingredients list for a blueberry muffin. Their list was about 8 items long, things you would expect like flour, sugar, salt, oil, blueberries, etc. The Starbucks list was a FULL PAGE! I think it was about size 14 font with reasonable margins.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home