Ash's Goings Ons

It's a little blog about what's up with me.

2.08.2008

Blue?

Why are sad songs "the blues." They should be called "the greys." Every little sliver of blue sky that streaks past the clouds is a welcome interruption here in the grey and rainy winter of Portland. I think the reason that I miss the snow is because it is so BRIGHT.
My silly attempt to escape actually turned out pretty well. Yesterday, Beth and I went south to Eugene. It was silly because there was no hope that that was going to be a cheerful sun bath... It turned out well because of the food.
On the way, we stopped at an art exhibit at one of my favorite places in Corvallis. The neighboring town of Albany is planning to install an old timey carousel in their downtown area. The animals are on display - including works in progress - at ArtCentric gallery.

After the art gallery, we went to have delicious, delicious soup at the simply named Soup Shop - a delight every time. It was early afternoon when we left Corvallis for Eugene.
We walked around downtown, and only got rained on a little bit, before going to the coffee shop to warm up and play cribbage. I finally beat Beth! We rounded out our stay in Eugene at the Sweet Life pastry shop and the Pizza Research Institute (they put potatoes on the salad, and it was wonderful!).
Finally, it was back to Portland for the bar and darts. I'm not sure if it was beginner's luck or what, but I was almost decent at darts. Fun!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    decent at darts?
    you killed us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home